Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Highlighted
akhanzada Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ArcSight ESM in a foreign language?

So, I've installed an ESM in Japanese on a linux box. Also, I installed ArcSight Console on my English-based Windows 7 machine (there was no option to change the language).

However, the ArcSight Console displays in half-Japanese, half-English on my machine. Other people who have a Japanese version of Windows see all Japanese.

console_ja_en.png

How can I get it to display in full Japanese? Can I add a line to console.properties?

Also, I want the ArcSight Command Center to display fully in Japanese, but everyone in my team sees half-Japanese, half-English. Is there any setting to change?

Thanks in advance.

Amil

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: ArcSight ESM in a foreign language?

Hi Amil,

Refer this Thread. I have given link from Support. For Console their a language package which u need to install language package. But for Events reporting from Smartconnector(UTF-8).. U need to check the Local Language of the agent machine and modify ur Agent.Properties... Check the Localization Guide. I can see Manager/DB in Japanese won't create problem while processing and storing ur data

0 Likes
akhanzada Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Balahasan,

Thank you for the quick reply. The pdf you linked to it very useful. However it says:

ArcSight Console

Install the ArcSight Console on

an Operating System that is of the same language as the

language you selected while installing the

database. During startup, ArcSight Console

automatically detects and uses the

locale from the Operating System.

By language pack, do you mean a language pack for Windows? Is there a way for English Windows OS to display the Console in Japanese?

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi Amil,

Yes there is a separate Language package for Console which u need to install in the Same OS and update the Console Properties.. I have seen some post earlier regarding the same on Console Character Encoding Changes.. But can't find now.. Weird U need to check in the Support regarding where to download ur Language Pack and Install and what u need to modify in Console Settings

0 Likes
akhanzada Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Balahasan. I tried searching for instructions and could not find them either. Also, in SSO, I can't see any language packs available for download under my SAID.

Does anybody else have ideas?

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi Amil,

I guess u need to install it in ur OS and update ur console settings with UTF-8 Settings.. has everything in Russian in his environment. He might have answers buddy.. Check with him

0 Likes
akhanzada Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you, Balahasan.

If anyone knows a solution, please pitch in!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.