Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ArcSight Logger OVA installation + SmartConnector

Hello Friends

I want to install Logger VM (6.0) through OVA format on our virtual server, but I also want to install Syslog SmartConnector instance on same virtual server. Does anyone have tested or tried if Logger OVA will support the functionality of having Syslog SmartConnector on same virtual server?

If yes, then can you please help me to know how can we achieve this?

Thanks

Sushant

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: ArcSight Logger OVA installation + SmartConnector

Hi, did you have any success with this ? I want to try it out myself.

I'm guessing no, because they also sell ArcMC+Logger software license for this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ArcSight Logger OVA installation + SmartConnector

You should be able to install the syslog SmartConnector inside this VM. It's a Linux VM so this should work (same as if you installed Logger software on your own hardware or VM). You won't be able to install ArcMC on the same system, this needs to be on a separate system.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: ArcSight Logger OVA installation  + SmartConnector

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the answer. So is it safe to install 3 or 4 smartconnectors on the same Logger server and set destination to the localhost ?

HP also offers ADP Software license, which states having ArcMC+Logger, does that mean I can use ArcMC with connectors on the same server ? I'd prefer going on that route because its easier to manage.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.