Tbates Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ArcSight-logger-5.3.0.6684.0 Installation error at start-up? On CentOS and RedHat

Gang,

I'm installing Logger onto CentOS 6.1 and Its not going well.. I've tried 6.3 also, and I get the same error.. I've installed the extra files nss-softokn-freebl-3.12.9-3.el6.i686 and ,glibc-2.12-1.25.el6.i686 when ever I run the install when it goes to start the logger I get the following error.. I cant make heads or tails as to what is the issue.. Its a clean install, patched, and IPchains is disabled.. Here is my logger_wizard.log.. this is just a simple test install on a laptop, just to see how the installation process goes..

[root@localhost logs]# cat logger_wizard.log

Tue Feb 12 20:06:50 PST 2013 [35712] /home/logger/current/arcsight/logger/ -i silent -f /home/logger/current/arcsight/logger/user/logger/silent.properties

Starting APS...Already running.

Starting MySQL...Already running.

Starting PostgreSQL...Already running.

[Tue Feb 12 20:06:52 PST 2013] is_server_up.sh: Logger server is up

[2013-02-12 20:06:59,126][ERROR][DirectConnection$ReadChannel][run][pool-1-thread-1]

!! DirectConnection ReadChannel thread 25 has died.  reason=end of communication channel

[2013-02-12 20:07:14,840][ERROR][WizardErrorMessageImpl][show][Thread-15]

Total storage group size: 20GB.

Availabe volume size is 7GB. Total storage group size cannot exceed available volume size.

Note Logger has reserved 0GB of the 7GB you requested for internal storage.

Tue Feb 12 20:08:03 PST 2013 [36325] /home/logger/current/arcsight/logger/ -i silent -f /home/logger/current/arcsight/logger/user/logger/silent.properties

Starting APS...Already running.

Starting MySQL...Already running.

Starting PostgreSQL...Already running.

[Tue Feb 12 20:08:03 PST 2013] is_server_up.sh: Logger server is up

[2013-02-12 20:08:06,207][ERROR][DirectConnection$ReadChannel][run][pool-1-thread-1]

!! DirectConnection ReadChannel thread 25 has died.  reason=end of communication channel

[2013-02-12 20:08:11,887][ERROR][WizardErrorMessageImpl][show][Thread-13]

Arcsight 5.3 error on CentOs 6.1.jpg

I just tried installing on redhat and get the same error in the same place... Message was edited by: Tim Bates

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ArcSight-logger-5.3.0.6684.0 Installation error at start-up?

If an installation has failed previously, for whatever reason, the failed installation directory(ies) must be removed/deleted prior to trying to install again. From your log samples, it looks like you tried installing into

/home/logger

It also looks like you only have 7GB available, and you tried creating a storage group for 20 GB?

Can you give the output of a

# df -h

command?

CentOS 6.3 is not supported.

CentOS 6.1 has been shown to work, and is supported.

0 Likes
Tbates Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ArcSight-logger-5.3.0.6684.0 Installation error at start-up?

DFcommand.jpg

Aaron,

Thanks for helping.. is the space the issue, I was actually going to log to this laptop, just fooling around, and ran into the error.. should configure 100g to sda2? that's probably it for arcsight to run it needs a min partition size for the database structure.. hmm...

0 Likes
kinghe1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ArcSight-logger-5.3.0.6684.0 Installation error at start-up? On CentOS and RedHat

Same error as your's. OS is RHEL 6.1 64bit.

I changed the silent.properties of /opt/Logger/current/arcsight/logger/user/logger/ (your file is /home/logger/current/arcsight/logger/user/logger/silent.properties) as below:

[root@vmlogger-ca ~]# vi
/opt/Logger/current/arcsight/logger/user/logger/silent.properties

#Maximum Size (GB)

storageVolume.maxSize=20    #default is 7, i changed to 20

then, it works as well. may it help for you!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.