Highlighted
rbashir Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Asset population

I have been very new to ArcSight and trying to make sense of it. We are using Arcsight for importing logs from various perimeter devices. Now I want to add all of our workstations and servers to it. I have read the documentation and based on that I made decision to make CSV file for asset range. The rang has been imported successfully but I do not see any hosts in that range being getting populated in ArcSight. I know Nessus is one way to populate, but what are other ways that I can use to achieve it. I read about auto asset creation, but not sure how to use it to my advantage.

thanks

RB

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
shezaf1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Asset population

Hi Bashir,

If I understand your need correctly, you want to map your network to find what assets you have attached. This function is usually called discovery. While security scanners such as Nessus can (and do) offer a limited solution for that, you may want to consider "proper" asset management using tools such as HP uCMDB and Universal Discovery  for identifying and managing the assets in your organization. There is a chance someone is already doing it in your organization and you only need to connect.

~ Ofer Shezaf

Product Manger, Security Solutions

0 Likes
Established Member.. Ahedge
Established Member..

One thing that you should do is review this presentation on Network modeling from the Protect 11 conference.  This will give you overall guidelines for dealing with Netowrk and Asset Models within ArcSight.

https://protect724.arcsight.com/docs/DOC-1839

0 Likes
rbraam1 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Ofer,

Is there any uCMDB -> Arcsight integration to automatically synchronize assets ?

Or is it done by a batch job using custom scripts.

Roeland

0 Likes
shezaf1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You will need to script it using the Asset Model import connector.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.