Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Florian Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Automatic ESM User Provisioning?

Hi,

I am looking for a way to automatically set up users in ESM. We have an operational process for application account ordering in which the user accounts are automatically provisioned within the application.

Does anybody know of a was to provision users in an automatic way into ESM? If so, how?

My thoughts so far:

Ideally, would be a csv-file with the same fields that are availlable in the User creation dialog within ESM plus the appropriate user group, which could then be imported into ESM. To my knowledge, there is no such possibility today.

From my point of view, currently the archive tool would be most promising for any scripted interaction. I have used the tool to export a user from ESM with the goal to use the export as a template but I encountered two challenges:

- Export is quite big (over 700 lines for a user without any complex ACLs on the group)
  -> Using this as a default template for a specific user group will be daunting as minor changes to the ACLs of the user group will break the template.

- There are all kinds of IDs for the different ressources/config parameters of the user.
  -> The IDs are, of course, user specific. Removing all IDs and replacing the user name with another name won't probably work (I have not tried though)

Unfortunately, I currently don't have time to do a lot of experimenting by myself, so I thought I'd give it a try in the forum.

Thanks for any hints or ideas.

Florian

Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.