Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Backup configuration Express/ESM

Dear All,

Daily the Manager generates a couple of backup files(*.system_tables.param and *.arcsight.dmp)

We would like to change the destination of this files, does anyone knows where is configured the backup destination? (Currently We are using an Express 5.0.1)

Maybe this question is too easy, but I haven't found out where this is configured,

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Karl.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

My Express 3.0 automatically not generate backup files. This files may generate through script. You need find this script and configured destination backup.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Karl,

These files are generated from the export_logger_system_tables.sh script located in /opt/arcsight/manager/bin/scripts. There is one environment variable TMP_FILE_DIR=$ARCSIGHT_HOME/tmp; which specifies location of the files.

Regards,

Michel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Michael,

I do noticed about the script that generates the . dmp and tables.param files but not about the environment variable, I will check it.

Thanks,

Karl.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I was thinking the same, but I didn't find anything that uses the backup files(except the script that generates them)  neither the ip nor name of the destination of backups. I also searched for the script that generates the backups but I didn't find any script that uses it.  that's why I thought that it could be configured somewhere else.

Regards

Karl

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.