Gareth Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot connect via Lea_client issue (Check Point FW-1 OPSEC NG)

The OPSEC_SIC is CN=arcsightlea,O=tefnut.nw.coyname.x6df4

The OPSEC_ENTITY_SIC is CN=cp_mgmt_shu.coyname.co.za,O=tefnut.nw.coyname.co.za.x6df4f.

Refer to ID 1339 of Knowledge base, it states that the OPSEC_SIC name must be less than "20 to 22" characters.

This is not possible in this environment as 5 other production systems, at least, must be reconfigured which is not an ideal solution.

Lea_client constantly fails yet when I use the same info with LOGGRABBER (Checkpoint debugging utility) it works!

I can receive the logs with no trouble when using the LOGGRABBER utility. ( a temporary work-around is to use a flex agent with regex but customer wants ARCSIGHT to fix this "bug").

Has anyone else experienced the same or similiar problems ? If so how have you overcome this ?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
jitendra-singh1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot connect via Lea_client issue (Check Point FW-1 OPSEC NG)

Hi,

Am facing the same problem where the "verifying connection to LEA server" is not ending at all. I waited for more than an hour but nothing happened. The certificate has been generated successfully and I have copied it in Checkpoint directory. I am trying to establish an sslca connection. Were you successful in reslolving this issue? If so, please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
aaron.wayne@hpe1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot connect via Lea_client issue (Check Point FW-1 OPSEC NG)

I know this is a rather old post but the bug exist in latest smart connector version -6.0.5.6782.0

The bug is when you install the connector and put a space in the path it will be able to find the lea_client.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.