Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
jorgeoa Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Change date format of table cells in report

Hi.

I'm doing a simple report of network connections that just contains a table with a datetime of the connection, and the source and destination connection details.

I've created a template with the Report Editor and set a custom format for the datetime cell:

date_format.JPG

The problem is that the generated report doesn't use the defined format, instead use (I think) the default format.

For example, for a row with date "31 July 2013 00:57:42", the cell text should be "2003-07-31 00:57:42" but in fact is "Jul 31 2013 00:57:42"

I've tried different formats but the result is always the same.

¿Can anybody help me with this issue?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Likes
9 Replies
balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Change date format of table cells in report

Hi Jorge,

Have u tried using Velocity Expressions for the Date Format. But r u trying to get this in the Event Fields of the Report or Just in Report Header ?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Hi Balahasan,

I didn't try Velocity Expressions, I'm a newbie in ArcSight and I still don't know how to use them.

What I want is to print the date in cells of the table report in a custom format.

I'm creating a report that generates a simple table with these columns:

Device Receipt Time - Source Address - Source Port - Destination Address - Destination Port

The report is exported to csv and send by email.

By default, the date format of the csv file is "Jul 31 2013 00:57:42", and I want that the date format be 2003-07-31 00:57:42, so I've tried to configure that in the cell format window of the Report Editor tool (see the screenshot). The configuration is saved successfully but the csv file still contain the dates in the default format insted of the custom.

I'll search for the Velocity Expressions to check if them solve my problem.

Thanks for the answer.

0 Likes
Vini Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Are you trying to change the whole table or just a header or something?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Hi Vini,

I'm changing only the column with the date data, the other columns contain IPs and port numbers.

0 Likes
Vini Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

That is a bug, in the past this was possible but after ESM 5 it sopped working.

It is still possible to do it but it is harder. I have to dig through my old emails to find it, I have another thread about it which I didn't update because I had to look for this info.

How urgent is it?

Just to double check you are trying to format the table using the report designer, correct?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Hi Vini,

Thank you very much for the info. I'll need to generate this report in the next weeks so I appreciate any info about the but. Anyway, I'll contact the HP support to ask for a solution.

Yes, I'm using the report designer, I attach a screenshot of the template and format config:

report_template.jpg

Thanks!!

0 Likes
mohan1704 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Vini,

Can you please help me with this that how can we customize the date format in the report.

I am also having the same requirement as of now.

Regards,

0 Likes
mohan1704 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi jorge,

Did you get the way to cutomize the date format?

If yes, can you help me with the solution?

Regards

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Hello Mohan,

Some time ago, the ArcSight support confirm us that this is a known bug (ESM-32979). They haven't told us an estimated date for resolution, so we have to wait...

Regards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.