Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
vaish_11 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Command Center Search tab results export

Hi, could anyone please tell me if there is a way to export the results from the Command Center's search tab faster?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Established Member.. kinneysr
Established Member..

Re: Command Center Search tab results export

How are you doing them now and what is you speed v. results

0 Likes
vaish_11 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Our average EPS is around 3000. Sometimes, we would like to perform a search based on say, for instance a user id, and for that we prefer using the command center. The results for the query are returned within a few seconds usually (this is for a time range of one week). However, exporting the results from the Command Center's Search tab to a csv poses a challenge. Irrespective of checking or unchecking the "Rerun query" option on the Export menu, for an already run query, it takes several minutes to export to csv.

0 Likes
Established Member.. kinneysr
Established Member..

Vaishnavi -

One way I have done is when executing a query and tell it cancel after I started it and tell it to export to csv and then tell it to re-run.  This makes life better as you do not have to wait for the query to run to show you the results and then re-run to export it.  It is kind of hokey but that is how it was designed apparently.

scotty

0 Likes
vaish_11 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Scotty. I've tried that, but the issue is with the export time - it just takes forever.

0 Likes
kreed7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I agree it goes slow, but has anyone else noticed that the fields do not export as expected?

For example, I can set the fieldset to All Fields and it will still only export the fields from Default Fields or a smaller subset.

I always make it show me the fieldset and paste in all the fields that should be exported from a text file.

0 Likes
vaish_11 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

To resolve that, if you wait until you see a few results on the search and then export, you will have the correct fieldset instead of the default or in some cases, an incomplete field set

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.