Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Connection over ssh - 'challenge'

Jump to solution

Good afternoon,

I want to access to the Arcsight logger appliance througth SSH,

We have enabled SSH on Logger Web Interface(System Admin>SSH>Enabled, on this logger We don't have to request a code to enable it),

I can connect to the logger via SSH 'succesfully', but only with root user( i think that the other users we have on logger is only for web access)

with the default password, but the next thing I have to answer is a 'challenge':

Last login: Sat Jun 29 ..

Challenge is 66320. Enter response:

(obviously, each time I want to connect, the 'challenge' changes)

I have no idea about the 'challenge'(I think that it is another authentication, but We have not enabled it and I don´t know where I can find something to answer or how to disable it)

Does any one knows where I can disable the 'Challenge' or how to answer it?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

It's already expanded, I think. We're on 6.3 - current is 6.4.x - there was a few patches for 6.4...

Joachim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Dear All,

thanks for All your replies,

At the end, I opened a SR to request Activation Code, also they suggest me update  CA's version(newer versions can send commands from web interface, as jring told me), so perhaps We will update CA.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.