Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Dean Farrington Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Custom Report Templates broken by ESM 5 Upgrade

We have notices that any custom report templates we have on our Manager are getting modified during the ESM 5.0 upgrade process. We are moving from 4.5 Sp2 to 5.0 Sp1 so I'm not sure at which step during the process the templates are getting changed. The Default ESM templates are correct, however any of our custom templates have had a new parameter set so that all the lines in bar charts are displayed in a single color instead of the normal multiple colors as shown below.

monochrome.jpg

ArcSight reports thtat this is a known bug: ESM-46981

It is caused by a change in Reporting Designer version

ESM 4.0 SP3: Style Report Designer Version 7.0 Build 1129050730
ESM 5.0: Style Report Designer Version 10.0 Build 0605090600

However they have not had a workaround for the problem, turns out PS knows how to deal with it. Here is what we got from PS in case anyone else has this issue:

1) Open the custom Template in Designer

2) Select the Chart (you will have to do this for each chart in a multi-element report, find the "BarAsOneDataset" peoperty and uncheck it.

checkbox.jpg

3) Once you have unchecked it for all charts in the report save the template in designer.

4) Don't forget to apply/ok the report template in ESM.

Your reports should now run with multiple colors as before.

For any devote of Tufte who want single color charts for your data visualization, you now have a new parameter to play with 🙂

Hope this is helpful to some !

Dean

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
MarkR1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Custom Report Templates broken by ESM 5 Upgrade

Were you guys getting the God awful shading deal on your bar charts as well? Both of those issues drove me up the damn wall when we upgraded. To get rid of it you have to go into the designer, go to the chart properties, and then remove the check on “Apply Effect.”

0 Likes
Todd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for posting this.  I had encountered this issue along with some other template issues.  At least 1 of them is fixed now.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Dean Farrington Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I didn't get that one, just the Monochrome charts. Thanks for the heads up though. Now I know how to fix it if that breaks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.