Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
w531t41
New Member.

Data Monitors not functional after upgrade

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I've just finished upgrading a v5.0SP2p4 ESM to v5.2. The upgrade process went very smoothly, i _was_ very excited. A few minutes after starting up a console, i noticed that my Moving Average (statistics) datamonitors were not updating. It's been 12 hours now... it doesn't look like they're going to fix themselves. I've noticed that a Last State data monitor is also not populating.

I've tried disabling/enabling either with no success. Query viewers appear to be functioning. The ESM Manager is running at < 3% CPU on average, and the database machine is also running a low load.

Has anyone observed this behavior before?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
w531t41
New Member.

Re: Data Monitors not functional after upgrade

Jump to solution

Wow, I feel like i'm just patting myself on the back here.. Hopefully this will help someone down the road. I solved the problem.. I retired the user account of an analyst who just recently left (who coincidentally was responsible for all of the data monitors) right after the upgrade. Once i moved is user account back to Operators/Analyst and restarted the ESM, the data monitors reappeared and populated as expected.

Now to figure out how to transition his content away from that account so i can safely remove the account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
w531t41
New Member.

Jump to solution

I forgot to add that i've tried creating a statistics data monitor from scratch. Doing this also yielded the same result. No updates.

0 Likes
w531t41
New Member.

Jump to solution

Wow, I feel like i'm just patting myself on the back here.. Hopefully this will help someone down the road. I solved the problem.. I retired the user account of an analyst who just recently left (who coincidentally was responsible for all of the data monitors) right after the upgrade. Once i moved is user account back to Operators/Analyst and restarted the ESM, the data monitors reappeared and populated as expected.

Now to figure out how to transition his content away from that account so i can safely remove the account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.