Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
JoeR1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data source name not found

I was trying to install a connector on Windows 2008 64bit and kept receiving an error that it couldn't find the DSN that I had already created. After some searching I found the following:

In a 64 bit windows server operating system, there are TWO odbc managers. When you pull up the usual menu for the odbc / dsn system, it is for the 64 bit odbc manager, and 32 bit applications (vb 6.0) will not work using these dsn's.

This is where the 32 bit odbc manager is:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Hopefully this will help others that run in to this same issue.

Joe

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Reply
williambowers Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Data source name not found

This is awesome.  Thanks for posting.  I have been trying to figure this out.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.