Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Database hung

[ERROR][default.com.arcsight.common.persist.DBSecurityEventBrokerBase$HungDatabaseCheck][runCheck] Database appears hung. 24 hung threads: 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor0, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor8, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor4, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor11, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor10, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor17, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor9, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor16, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor15, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor19, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor7, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor18, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor14, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor6, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor1, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor5, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor20, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor23, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor2, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor22, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor13, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor21, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor12, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor3

My ESM: 5.2

I see that ESM cannot try to write events to DB. If I restart manager all stay ok, but after 5-6 hours error start again. No any ORA-Errors in oracle log. Direct link from ESM to DB.

Average EPS = 5000.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Database hung

DiskSpace?

I remember something like this in our systems prior to moving to CORR-E.The problem was the file size limitation of TABLE.

See https://protect724.hp.com/docs/DOC-3245#comment-3376

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No problem with disk space, more than 200 Gb free for EVENT.INDEX and EVENT.DATA.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

NEARLY EXACT SYMPTOMS

server.log:[2017-02-01 14:15:37,470][ERROR][default.com.arcsight.common.persist.DBSecurityEventBrokerBase$HungDatabaseCheck] Database appears hung; a thread dump has been requested. 6 hung thread(s): 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor206, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor204, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor207, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor205, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor200, 02-Pre-SecurityEventPersistor199

I can restart the manager and it will run for 4~6 hours before I get messages like the above or the following:

Database Failure Manager for Event Broker:
It appears the database is hung. There are insertion threads that have not returned from a database insert call for more than 120 seconds.

At this point, events no longer persist and all inbound events from all connectors stop.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Can you check the scheduler to see if there are any trends or reports kicking off around the time of your DB problems?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.