Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ESM 5.0.1 free space bug?

Has anyone else done a fresh install of ESM 5.0.1 64-bit linux, and noticed that arc_event_data only has 50% free space?

-Joe

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ESM 5.0.1 free space bug?

I've been told it has something to do with how partitioning differs from 10g to 11g.

A work around might be to create all other tablespaces, then grow the ARC_EVENT_DATA tablespace manually.

-Joe

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ESM 5.0.1 free space bug?

I started ARC_EVENT_DATA at 2GB (2 x 1024M), then used the following commands to add 2 more GB of space.

alter tablespace arc_event_data add datafile '/data/arc_event_data_003.dbf' size 1G;

alter tablespace arc_event_data add datafile '/data/arc_event_data_004.dbf' size 1G;

My freespace increased by a full 2G, so it looks like the bug only occurs during the initial install.

-Joe

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.