Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
jbur Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ESM 5.0 SP2

Jump to solution

I heard there are many good things coming with ESM 5.0 SP2 in terms of bugfix & performance.  Anyone from HP willing to share a tentative release date?  🙂

Thanks,

Joe

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mperez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ESM 5.0 SP2

Jump to solution

With regards to ESM v5.0 SP2 is that we are planning on making it available at the end of this month.

- Maritza

View solution in original post

0 Likes
27 Replies
deathbywedgie1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

I know I can technically just subscribe to a thread, but I felt obliged to throw in a "here here!" to this one.

0 Likes
mperez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

With regards to ESM v5.0 SP2 is that we are planning on making it available at the end of this month.

- Maritza

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Niemand.Richard1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Can't wait!

Does anyone know when the CORR release will be available, I am quiet anxious to get my hands on it

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Volker Michels Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Can't wait, too ... but we need to upgrade from 4.5 to 5.0 first ... hope we get this done asap.

Volker

0 Likes
dzuperku1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I'm guessing CORR will be released in ESM 6.0, sometime next year.

0 Likes
mperez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

CORR-Engine is making its debut with ArcSight Express 3.0 and we are looking at introducing it for ESM next year.

0 Likes
jbur Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Maritza!

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Volker Michels Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Awesome

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

ESM 5.0 SP2 is out! Has anyone already updated and can share the installation experience and the first estimation?

br Tobias

0 Likes
amit.parmar@tur Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know what is the main feature in ESM sp2 as compare to sp1 and also what is the challenge in upgarding .

Please suggest.

0 Likes
chenselein1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I'd think the main 'feature' is the introduction of Oracle 11g r2. Else it's mostly Standard Content & bugfixes.

We plan to upgrade it withing the next weeks, ESM for now, Oracle is yet to be discussed.

What seems interesting though is the ArcSight Forwarding Connector for those using a SNMP Receiving Monitor Solution. Wondering if it is possible to adapt the SmartConnector to other Monitoring Tools that work similar as HP OMi. Should be possible though with any kind of SNMP Trap Receiving Policy.

BR,

Christoph

0 Likes
JPoehlman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I upgrade our ESM from 5.0sp1 Pathc 3 to 5.0 SP2 last Friday.  Only issue I ran into was with the upgrade documentation.  Our Database was already Oracle 11g.  The Document was not very clear on what to do when applying the Arcsight Database if you already have Oracle 11g as the options presented reffered to Oracle or Archiver upgrades.  The answer was simply to press cancel.

After the upgrade, the console responce seemed a little better and channels seemed to load a little faster...this is subjective though.

Good luck with your upgrades.

Jack Poehlman

Aviall Services

Dallas, TX

0 Likes
chenselein1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

We applied our Update today. A few confusing things we struggled with though:

- ESM 5.0 SP2 Release Notes say supported Versions are:

-     ESM v5.0 Patch 1 to v5.0 SP2
     -     ESM v5.0 SP1 Patch 3 to v5.0 SP2

- ESM Upgrading ArcSight Guide says:

-     v5.0 GA and v5.0 SP1 to v5.0 SP2

So we risked it to upgrade from 5.0 SP1 Patch 2 to v5.0 SP2 and so far it runs flawless.

Furthermore it was very unclear if we should apply the Oracle PSU (p12419331_112020_Linux-x86-64.zip) on our  Oracle 11.2.0.2 Installation. So we rather let it be. Reason for that was the following Note in the OraclePSU Release Notes:

If you have been previously applying the Oracle Critical Patch Update (CPU),
you can follow these steps to apply the PSU. However, once you apply a PSU,
Oracle recommends that you continue to apply PSUs in the future instead of
CPUs.

It is a bit unclear for us here what Oracles and ArcSights patch management politics is aiming for: Will there be only PSUs in the future? Will CPUs still be delivered as before?

http://blogs.oracle.com/gridautomation/entry/revisiting_patch_management_-

So apparently PSUs are a good thing. Nevertheless this should be discussed with the project and with someone who actually got a real clue of Oracle, atleast in our case.

What i've noticed so far after the patch:

+     The Console seems to be alot faster overall, especially noticable in the Active Channels

+     More Dashboards to monitor ArcSight Depoyment

-     Dashboards (Data Monitors) don't work yet in our environment ( Connectors --> Loggers --> ESM ); needs to be further investigated and adjusted.

To be honest i was secretly hoping for better methods of monitoring your SmartConnector Services than having to map the SmartConnector Name into the FlexField1 or similar in this kind of deployment.

edit: typos

0 Likes
deathbywedgie1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Compared to the upgrade from 4.5 to 5.0 for us (which was a nightmare), 5.0 SP1 to SP2 was a breeze. The only obstacle we ran into, which we also ran into with previous upgrades, is that we have too much content for the default heap size in the upgrade scripts.

We had to install SP2 but cancel once we got to the "upgrade" part, modify either the "upgrade.bat" or "managerpostinstall.bat" script (depending on approach for resuming the upgrade) as well as the "resvalidate.bat" script to increase the max heap size, and then resume the upgrade. Other than that all went according to plan.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.