Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ESM 6.8-HA Best Practices

Hello, Can anyone share if any best practice guide for ESM 6.8-HA. I installed it in my production setup and wondering if someone can help me. By the way, my setup is in VM environment, thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Are you asking for Best practices for ESM 6.8-HA in general or only best practices regarding specifically high availability?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi David, Thanks for the reply, as told I installed it in a VM environment, so just curious to know if any suggestion is there to keep it healthy. As of now everything installed but due to license issue the secondary node is showing as offline and replication is not happening, so I am checking with HP for the license issue. This ArcSight HA is new and so would be good if you please share your suggestion here. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Rakesh,

I have attached few documents which will give you a brief overview of ESM 6.8. Its functionality with regards to HA and how to keep up the health check.

Regards,

Anirudh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi

• Was my answer correct? If so, please help mark my answer as correct so the rest of the community can benefit from knowing that your question was answered. Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Both documents are available on Protect724 and it is a better practice to link to them rather than attach them. It would be great if you make this change.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Rakesh,

Please see the following url's:

https://protect724.hp.com/docs/DOC-12064

https://protect724.hp.com/docs/DOC-11931

Regards,

Anirudh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Took a look at ESM_HA_UsersGuide_1.0.pdf, and... wow.

The execute permission for /sbin should be set on the secondary as it is on the primary:

chmod 777 /sbin

Are you guys serious?

Nobody should ever do this on an any *nix system. It's certainly not something that should ever be found in the documentation for a security product.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't understand how making /sbin world writable made it in the final docs. Definitely feels like the solution is half-baked with garbage like this.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.