Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ESM SeededJsseListener WARNING

Hi ALL:

The recent emergence of warning information in my esm 6.5c environment,

the server.log details:

[2015-05-07 11:36:13,829][WARN ][default.com.arcsight.server.Jetty311ServletContainer$Log4JLogSink] MESSAGE:OUT OF THREADS: SeededJsseListener@0.0.0.0:8443, FRAME: [SeededJsseListener-11719]org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.isOutOfResources(SocketListener.java:270)

these WARN information are many times in one minute, i useing the console response more and more slowly.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I'm with the same problem and my connectors are very stranges, changing the status every 15 minutes.

Did you found the reason?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Can  you  post the output of "ulimit -a" when running as the arcsight user?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

same issue here..

ESM actually lost its connection to the database 2 hours earlier.  wondering what the deal might be.

here are the results of ulimit -a and the same error Im getting below.

I actually have a different message right before the message:out of threads event. (possible ssl handshake issue)

any ideas?

ulimit -a

core file size          (blocks, -c) 0

data seg size           (kbytes, -d) unlimited

scheduling priority             (-e) 0

file size               (blocks, -f) unlimited

pending signals                 (-i) 514829

max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 64

max memory size         (kbytes, -m) unlimited

open files                      (-n) 65536

pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8

POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200

real-time priority              (-r) 0

stack size              (kbytes, -s) 10240

cpu time               (seconds, -t) unlimited

max user processes              (-u) 10240

virtual memory          (kbytes, -v) unlimited

file locks                      (-x) unlimited

***(I typed the words ipaddress for my addr=/ below)

[WARN ][default.com.arcsight.server.Jetty311ServletContainer$Log4JLogSink] MESSAGE:Possible SSL handshake issue. Check remote client: Socket Closed: 2b8990bd[SSL_NULL_WITH_NULL_NULL: Socket[addr=/ipaddress,port=57078,localport=8443]], FRAME: [SeededJsseListener-29420]org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:157)

[WARN ][default.com.arcsight.server.Jetty311ServletContainer$Log4JLogSink] MESSAGE:OUT OF THREADS: SeededJsseListener@0.0.0.0:8443, FRAME: [SeededJsseListener-29471]org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.isOutOfResources(SocketListener.java:270)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Check "netstat -an | grep 8443" and count how many connections you have open

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun,

I am also facing the same issue here. When i do a netstat -an | grep 8443 it returns with 0 connections.

Also i am facing the below error when i try restarting the console :

Possible SSL Handshake Issue

[2015-09-25 21:15:39,094][WARN ][default.com.arcsight.server.Jetty311ServletContainer$Log4JLogSink] MESSAGE:Possible SSL handshake issue. Check remote client: Socket Closed: 63e5d6c9[SSL_NULL_WITH_NULL_NULL: Socket[addr=/______,port=36912,localport=8443]], FRAME: [SeededJsseListener-255193]org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:157)

[2015-09-25 21:15:39,895][WARN ][default.com.arcsight.util.TimedRingBuffer] Throwing out increment 1, increment time = 1443233706000, acceptable range 1443226104859 - 1443230604859  (discarded=115)

[2015-09-25 21:15:41,310][WARN ][default.com.arcsight.common.dynachannel.QueryIntrospectableBucketizer] The timezone for generating the sequence fetch sql is not set, defaulting to GMT time

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

You might try checking the manage.jsp page: http://<esm>:8443/arcsight/web/manage.jsp

Look in particular at the SeededJsseListener and see how many entries are in the OngoingSessions list.

You might also look at the SessionManager and AgentStateTracker pages.

It's possible that you are exceeding the number of console or agent threads on the manager.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did anyone find a resolution for this issue?  I am currently experiencing this as well.

Thanks,

- Brandon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Brandon

I did a restore of a table dump and set my manager to the previous state.

That worked and i was able to avoid these errors.

Also there was some I/O error populating on the ESM Manager, which was checked and rectified.

It might be related, but on another occasion when i faced this, i restored a dump and that worked.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shaun,

Ok, and if we are exceeding the number of console or agent threads on the manager? What would be the next step to fix the issue?

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

There are two properties which you can set in "server.properties":

agents.threads.max=ddd

servletcontainer.jetty311.threadpool.maximum=ddd

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.