Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

ESM asset

Hi,

I am trying to setup my ESM to automatically put my asset in the right zone.  I have defined my zone, network etc and also configure my connector to use that new zone.  When an asset is created the zone associated to it is the default private zone 192.168.0.0.  If I force a auto zone on my asset it put the right zone but then it create a new asset with a _0 at the end with the default private zone.  Anyone have an idea what I am missing?

Thanks.

------------------------------------
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful or mark it as an accepted solution if it resolves your issue.
Tags (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Irina Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: ESM asset

Hello,

Follow "Asset and network modeling in HP ArcSight ESM and Express" presentation (you can find it on protect724).

It works well.

Irina.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I did but I will double check.

------------------------------------
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful or mark it as an accepted solution if it resolves your issue.
0 Likes
balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Eric,

Also make sure u have updated the Info about Network Mapping in ur Connector after checking ur Asset/Network Model.

0 Likes
Gayan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Eric,

Seems an issue with the connector mapping. Please double check the Connector after checking your Asset/Network Model. Other than that your configuration is correct.

Cheers

Gayan

Mr
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.