Highlighted
ianfitz Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

ESM - resolve ResourceID of connector destination to the destination type (eg ESM+hostname, or Logger+host+receiver etc)

Hello there,

Is it possible to resolve dcs2 from agent:029 events from <Resource ID="blah"/> to the name or type of the destination?

Example: a connector is dropping events to a destination.

A rule notifies me when events are being dropped.

It is unclear for which destination the events are being dropped.

Some destinations cannot drop events, others are permitted to (temporarily).

Are there any events that will allow me to automatically populate the agent type of all existing destinations of a connector, such that I can later lookup the resource ID to see which destination was problematic (and report it in english rather than having to scan my agent.properties files)?

Thanks,

Ian.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.