Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Error with Scheduled Report

Hi,

One of my scheduled report failed to run and this email was sent by the ESM.

Report -CISCO ASA Source IP Denied Traffic could not be archived.
  Reason: inetsoft.sree.RepletException: Failed to create report: ArcSightReportV4.14386020025071@local

P.S. This is a weekly report.

What could be the reason for this error?

Regards,

Praveen P

Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Error with Scheduled Report

Hi Praveen,

Plz refer the below link it may help you....

https://protect724.hp.com/message/61031#61031

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Praveen,

Based on the error you have mentioned, it seems that there may be a possibility that the query is taking a very long time to generate or there is some sort of problem with your query which is leading to deadlock hence you have to look to optimize the query condition, or you may go ahead with a Tread Report, but again make sure your query should not take a lot of time to generate the report as if your query failed for three consecutive times your trend will be disabled.

If you can provide the query so that I can help you in much better was to sort out your problem.

Thanks & Regards

Aayush Tripathi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

When I ran this report manually, the report came without any error.

One more thing which I observed was, the no of events is too huge (All firewall deny traffic). Since 3 reports were scheduled at the same time and this report had loads of events, the ESM would have stopped executing it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In such case please change the scheduling by atleast 5 mins and if possible go for groping and aggregated event count instead getting each and every event in report output.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks Aayush.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you are satisfied with my answer so kindly mark it correct so that other guys in community may get help with that

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Aayush,

Sure will do it.

I again got the same error for the particular report even after rescheduling it. I am working with HP support on this issue.

Once I find the root cause for this error, will update you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Praveen,

Any update on this ?

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.