Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
zwikholm1 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Fields out of Order in Logger Exports

So I have been noticing that each time I have exported into a CSV file with all fields selected that the fields are out of order. The order I would have assumed then to be in is the same as the default order when you do a logger search.

For example all of the source information is lined up but when I export to a CSV none of the source information is near each other.

source.PNG

As you can see below source address is completely by itself.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens or how to fix this? It has made searching for information in the logs a bit more difficult since it is not in the normal place like it is in either the logger or ESM.

Side question: Is it possible to sort the logs while in the logger by endTime?

Thanks in advanced

Zach

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
justin.gruwell@ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Fields out of Order in Logger Exports

| sort endTime

0 Likes
zwikholm1 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Strange, I have tried this in the past but it didnt want to return any results even though before I added the " | sort endTime" I was getting hits. I just tried again and it worked so are there only certain situations that it will work?

0 Likes
justin.gruwell@ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think you can only sort on indexed fields.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.