Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Niemand.Richard1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Get Loggers First Event Date

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I am trying to figure out the date of the first event that our loggers received.

From this I am going to try a project the total space needed to store data for x years, anyone ever written such a query.

P.S. I could just do a CEF from NOW – 2 Years, but this seems a bit CPU intensive

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gportnoy1
New Member.

Re: Get Loggers First Event Date

Jump to solution

Richard,

I too would love if there was an easy way to get this. Seems like a Dashboard "Last event per storage group" would be a good place to have this information, but unfortunately this doesn't exist. Luckily it's not that CPU intensive to run the search you are talking about, since Logger can pretty quickly figure out that it doesn't have any data for a given day. Just be aware that since by default Internal events are stored in a separate storage group, you may have Internal events going back further than real events.

0 Likes
2 Replies
gportnoy1
New Member.

Jump to solution

Richard,

I too would love if there was an easy way to get this. Seems like a Dashboard "Last event per storage group" would be a good place to have this information, but unfortunately this doesn't exist. Luckily it's not that CPU intensive to run the search you are talking about, since Logger can pretty quickly figure out that it doesn't have any data for a given day. Just be aware that since by default Internal events are stored in a separate storage group, you may have Internal events going back further than real events.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Niemand.Richard1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks for that.

I went ahead and just ended up running the "CEF" query from a date waaay back in the past.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.