Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
vdor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP Support Portal Sucks

So our accounts don't map over, you have to register for new HP accounts and then input the SAID(s). Also , the case mappings seem screwy and trying to integrate the ArcSight KB into HP's bloated, poorly organized system is horrible. The products my company owns are not correctly associated with my SAID(s), and doing a search on all ArcSight products yields results for the entire HP lineup. What a poor, poor decision on ArcSight's behalf. The original portal worked fine aside from having to use 3-4 different logins for different portions. They really could have done this more smoothly, and a run in parallel until everything was working should have been attempted. Very disappointed..

0 Likes
217 Replies
drmatusi1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HP Support Portal Sucks

Hi vdor,

I'm also frustrated -- mostly because my organization doesn't seem to have their SAIDs -- and I was in the middle of a support ticket on the old site (which is now closed down). However, I do not think this is the fault of ArcSight, per se. I'm pretty sure this was something that HP forced them to do as a part of the acquisition. I don't think most folks are happy with it, and I hope the kinks get worked out soon. At the very least, they should keep knowledge base searches limited to the products you've purchased. This will save support folks lots of time looking up answers.

Best regards,

DM

0 Likes
tliu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello vdor and drmatusi - Thank you for your honest feedback. I'll be honest too - on Day 1 of this transition, today was not pretty. Some pieces have gone smoothly, and some have not. I can tell you that this transition was not taken lightly - I witnessed the scoping, planning and testing that occurred over the past several months across multiple teams. Could some things have been done better? Yes, for sure. Could we stay on the legacy ArcSight systems? No.

Without pointing fingers or going into gory details, the most productive statement I can offer is that we are working with the utmost urgency to address the issues. For technical support issues, the HP ArcSight Support team is operating with all hands on deck to continue delivering world-class service and minimize disruptions that are occurring due to these system changes. Also, the Customer Advocate team is working with Sales to help straighten out SAID issues.

Thank you for your continued patience as we continue to work through this transition together.

For anyone who has not seen the SSO Training overview, please see . If you need further assistance, please email support@arcsight.com arst-support@hp.com or call the Support Hotline. For Hotline phone numbers, see http://www.arcsight.com/services/services-customersupport/

Best regards,

Trisha

Message was edited by: Trisha Liu - Updated training link and email address

0 Likes
wesley.yee@cimb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello

Why didn't HP migrate all Arcsight customer user database to the new HP support portal? I can't even login to my customer account to HP Arcsight Support portal now. What is SAID and how do I get it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Muchlis Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi Trisha,

We try sent email to support@arcsight.com, but unfortunately:

Your request for assistance cannot be accepted because this account has been disabled.

Regards

muchlis

0 Likes
wesley.yee@cimb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi there

I tried to send email to support@arcsight.com for assistance in my account access problem and received the following error

was not delivered to roisin.holland@hp.com

because 550.5.1.1 roisin.holland@hp.com. Recipient address reject. User unknown in virtual alias table.

What happened?

0 Likes
vdor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your response. I was a little harsh in my original wording and I understand why this had to occur. Glad to know ArcSight is taking the customer feedback seriously and working to correct things.

0 Likes
hollandje@saic. Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In case no one has pointed it out yet, the connector download naming scheme needs some attention.

Software,_ArcSight-5.1.7.6076.0-Connector-Linux.bin

0 Likes
dtanner1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Completely agree. The HP case manager is horrible the site is slow, it's buggy and most of our old cases which we used as refference points haven't yet been migrated over I don't know if they will even be moved to the new site at all.

The download section is even worse anyone looked at that yet? It's a joke the release dates aren't even correct 1 example I've already pointed out to ArcSight:

HP ArcSight CONAPP 6.20 Eng SW E-MediaTH022AAE6.20No01/11/2012

This was released in November 2011 they have it marked as being released on 1/11/2012

Not to mention that I now need a time code to charge to for searching through all the un-orgonized software versions. Is there not a way to filter them?

The company I work for is very large I dare say one of ArcSight's largest clients we have a hell of allot of equipment on-site and the drop down for our SAID's is a page or more long.

Where can we start the pitition to get the old site back?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jeff,

I think all of their download section needs some major attention they don't even have the data right.

Someone asked about how to obtain your SAID I spoke with our sales rep and she was able to obtain that for us.

0 Likes
hollandje@saic. Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I reveived our SAIDs (all 20 of them or so) in one of the many, many emails about the migration to the new support site a few weeks ago. I'm glad I just happened to read that one email. You might search through yours if you still have them.

0 Likes
tliu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Wesley and Muchlis, thank you for reporting the issue with the support alias - we are looking into that now.

vdor - Thanks again for your understanding and for your assistance over on We knew that moving ArcSight customers to the SAID and SSO systems was going to be a major change in terms of data migration and how to contact Support. From an employee perspective, there are some things we used to be able to do that the HP systems don't currently do. Without trying to sound like I am hallucinating , we are hopeful that there are some system and process improvements that we can bring to the greater HP Software organization.

0 Likes
tliu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Wesley and Muchlis - I forgot to mention, I believe a member of the Customer Advocate team has contacted you directly to assist. If you have not been contacted, please send me a private message via Protect 724 and I can follow up.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for the update Trisha

0 Likes
tliu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dustin, you are welcome. Thank you to you and Jeff for your feedback on the Software Download area. I don't know the answer regarding the release dates - I'll see what I can learn. I will also alert the software release team regarding the SmartConnector .bin file naming issue.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.