albert.ng1
New Member.

How can I track if an email is sent from my ESM as alert? any log file to check?

Hi guys,

How can I track if an email is sent from my ESM as alert? any log file to check?

Regards,

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: How can I track if an email is sent from my ESM as alert? any log file to check?

Hi Albert,

From ESM u can check with the Following Condition: Device Event Class ID = rule:303

0 Likes
albert.ng1
New Member.

Re: How can I track if an email is sent from my ESM as alert? any log file to check?

Hi Bala,

When you say using the "Following Condition: Device Event Class ID = rule:303" do you mean i need to create a new Active Channel with that condition to check? Is there any other way? Since there's a query to search for it then is there a log file i can check?

Regards

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi Albert,

u can create anything using this Condition(Rule and Notification, Report, Dashboard..), But Regarding Logs, I hvn't checked anything yet, but I guess it ll be saved in the ArcSight manager home directory either in like server.std.log or server.log

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.