anas
Visitor.

How do I calculate the data throughput in mbps for connector?

Trying to find out how I can calculate the data throught for One Connector?

So, I right click on connector and send the command to get status. below is part of the log i get?

How do I calculate the data throughput in mbps?

bsent........................................18549
detectedversion..............................4.0.3.5959.4
failedattempts...............................60
failedattempts(SLC)..........................60
hbstatus.....................................Up
queuesize....................................0
sent.........................................29937
sent(SLC)....................................19
status.......................................Up
throughput...................................0.1972628194146097
throughput LTC...............................Sat Apr 17 14:18:13 BST 2010
throughput(SLC)..............................0.20652173913043478

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
christian-paape1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How do I calculate the data throughput in mbps for connector?

Hi,

have you tried using "Wireshark"? this software measures the data rate (bytes/sec) in the Ethernet network (IP packets) between connector and manager. However, from my point of view, all this amount of bytes does not belong only to the events, since there is more information sent from the connector to the manager; so my question is: how is possible to obtain the rate related only to the events?in other words: due to we can obtain the rate in events /sec, is possible to know the size in bytes of an event and in this way to calculate the rate in bytes/sec?

BR, Christian.

0 Likes
anas
Visitor.

Actually I did use wireshark, it was quite feasible and managable. But going back to your second question, it was a bit hard to to filter out "junk" and we kind of ignored that to get a average.
0 Likes
Highlighted
jbur Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It depends on the events, but it usually works out to be about 1mbps for every 2000 EPS.

The capinfos tool is helpful for finding the exact bandwidth used.

-Joe

0 Likes
anas
Visitor.

Thanks joe, apperciate the help.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi, thanks for the help, but I still have one problem that I would like to solve:

I have read that for Windows connectors the average size of one event is 500 bytes, but I am interesting in knowing about UNIX as well. Does anybody know about this?

Thanks in advance. BR, Christian.
0 Likes
anas
Visitor.

Christian, I dont know about Unix that much, but this post might be useful ... https://protect724.arcsight.com/message/11050#11050 work with you unix admin to get the best answer.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Nice, it was useful. Thanks so much.

BR, Christian.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.