Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to Enable SSH on ConApp or LogApp from the Web Interface?

Hello All,

We are in some drastic need of some advice. Please help.

Issues:

1) We cannot SSH into our ConApp or LogApp

I can currently log into the web interface of each, but I am not sure how to enable SSH. ArcSight Support told us we can enable this through the web GUI but has not followed up with the steps. I was hoping someone from the ArcSight Community could assist. We are running Logger ver. 4.5.0.4892.0.

Thank you,

Abe

Labels (4)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

From the web interface go to System Admin > SSH and you'll have the four options below.

• Disabled
  • Enabled
  • Enabled, only for 8 hours
  • Enabled, only during startup/reboot

You will probably need a challenge code from HP support to log in to the appliance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply. I've checked the web interface time and time again but unfortunately we do not have the tab or link for "SSH". I am currently on the logger and we are running version 4.5.0.4892.0.

Regards,

Abe

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Abe,

If you are using the Software Logger. Sorry to say this.But No SSH option is applicable for Software Loggers.

In Logger Hardware Appliance u will see like this:

In Software Logger u can't find coz it is not there to begin with

Else if u are using Logger Appliance and still not able to see it then check ur user Privileges

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.