Highlighted
aanwari Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to Reboot ArcSight Appliances without Challenge Code

Hello ArcSight World!

I am attempting to bounce some ArcSight boxes; however, I am being told I need to get past a challenge code. Is there any way to reboot these Appliances remotely, without having to go through the challenge?  Please list all or any ways to reboot these appliances remotely.

Regards,

Abe Anwari

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Honored Contributor.. wsladek1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: How to Reboot ArcSight Appliances without Challenge Code

You can reboot via the GUI (System Admin > System Reboot) or you can reboot via CLI (you do not need a code).

The default CLI is locked down and restricted, however it still offers the ability to reboot.  Obtaining a challenge code just basically drops you into a bash shell w/ root access (IE not locked down, full access to everything... and yes you can reboot this way too).

0 Likes
damianpfister Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to Reboot ArcSight Appliances without Challenge Code

Another option is to connect to the iLO interface of the appliance, log in with your webUI credentials and type 'reboot'.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.