Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

How to run ESM reports with custom parameters using API

Hi,

I am trying to run a report using API on ESM. I am able to run report with default parameters.

I have found out that the url to run the report is:

https://mymanager:8443/www/manager-service/rest/ArchiveReportService/initDefaultArchiveReportDownloadById?authToken=akshegfsjfcksclsldcsdckbe6E.&reportId=9675l3RK2hb3oAV-Q==&reportType=Manual&fieldValueList=

I want to specify starttime, endtime and a custom parameter to this report but can't figure out how to specify these three values in "fieldValueList". I am not able to find any proper documentation on how to use.

Please help if somebody have any idea about fieldvalueset.

Sreejith

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hello Vishal,

The custom parameter section seems to be ok, but could you say us what exactly is the problem? You can't run the report, the report runs but the custom param is ignored, etc...

Also you need to define the parameter in the query and report in the ArcSight console. Could you show us screenshot of the definition of these resources?

- Query conditions tab

- Report parameters tab

Regards,

Jorge

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Jeorge,

The report does not run, throws an error.

Query:

Query.jpg

Report fields:

report fields.jpg

Report parameters:

Report_Parameter.jpg

Regards,

Vishal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Try this:

Go to Report Parameters> Custom Parameters > Add > EventID

Sreejith

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Has Sreejith said, you have to add the parameter to the report custom parameters.

Regards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.