Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Import Nessus file manually

Hi All

Does Anyone know how to import Nessus report file manually to arcsight ?

Thanks in Advanced

Neo

0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Please see the following SmartConnector guide on how to import Nessus data into ArcSight ->

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi richard,,thanks for your help but its not working...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Neo,

Could you share the error you are getting.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

, is there like... a particular step that you're stuck at? any error messages? Can you share any details at all?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

after contacting with HP software support ,I realized that smartConnector does not support Nessus 6.4 . Thats why its not working.

please be informed that flexConnector is not a perfect solution as well.

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Rechard

after contacting with HP software support ,I realized that smartConnector does not support Nessus 6.4 . Thats why its not working.

please be informed that flexConnector is not a perfect solution as well.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello ,

This is strange - the answer you received from support I mean.

I have installed and tested the Smart Connector for Nessus file running "Nessus-6.4.2-x64" and it works. The connector used is "agents[0].type=nessus_dotnessus" which when I installed it I recall it was called "Tenable Nessus .nessus File" in the installation wizard - it is the one Richard mentioned in the first reply.

I am attaching you my agent.properties file and a test report example - one which I was able to import into ArcSight. Just rename the report by erasing "_processed" from the name - I uploaded it like that so you can see it was processed by ArcSight. Try and see if using my settings and the test report you are able to get anything into ArcSight. Also be aware that I have configured the connector it in "Automatic" mode, so please follow the steps in the configuration guide in order to have the report processed.

Good luck,

Stefan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your help but I dont see any attached file as you mentioned

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

That is strange, I can see them both in the message I posted. I am attaching them again to this one.

If you still don't see them, just give me an e-mail address where you want me to send them to you.

Stefan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

, just a heads up that attachment by email reply doesn't work on this site

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Richard,

Thank you for the info. I am not sure though whether I understand exactly what you are referring to.

By "email reply" do you mean reply to a previous post? In the current situation, do you see my attachments? If not, is there any way I can make them visible to all of you?

Thank you,

Stefan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.