New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In Need of Simple, Easy Assistance

Jump to solution

Hello folks:

It's a little embarrassing to be asking this question, but it's been long enough since I've used Linux that I'm stuck. I created a VM, installed CentOS 5.5 64-bit, ran the downloaded ArcSight Logger file, got it installed all the way until the point when it asked me for the license file, and now I'm stuck. You see, I had the license file on another VM, so I left the CentOS machine and hunted for the file. When I came back to the CentOS VM, the prompt for the license file had vanished, and I have been unsuccessful in finding a way to re-invoke the post-installation setup wizard or whatever it should be called. I don't know what I did wrong to make it disappear (it is possible that I just accidentally closed the window), but I'd really like to get this installed and working because it seems like a product that could help us out. Could anyone step me through the process to get that wizard going again? To recap: I need to have Logger ask me for the license file again, and then continue on through the post-installation setup process. Thank you for your time and assistance in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Scott - If you remember the directory where you installed Logger, you can run the following commands to continue setup. This will start with the prompt for the license file:

cd <Logger-dir>/current/arcsight/logger/bin

./arcsight loggersetup

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Scott - If you remember the directory where you installed Logger, you can run the following commands to continue setup. This will start with the prompt for the license file:

cd <Logger-dir>/current/arcsight/logger/bin

./arcsight loggersetup

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Victor:

Thank you, that worked brilliantly. I do have another question, in fact the same one described here: https://protect724.arcsight.com/thread/4472?tstart=0

Is there something else I've done wrong?

Scott

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Hi Scott - See my response in the other thread https://protect724.arcsight.com/thread/4472?tstart=0, and we can continue our conversation there regarding that message.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.