Highlighted
amgupta Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is there any shortcut to modify the receiver name in 100 connectors in one shot?

Hi Experts,

We need to change the receiver name settings in 100 software connectors (windows unified). Is there any way to achieve this without logging on to each one and modifying manually. I checked the agent.properties. It does not contain the receiver name but one random id i.e. agents[0].destination[0].agentid=7Y6FezABCCCAAXXN55-4Yw\=\=

So just modifying this parameter in the properties file by some script with new receiver name is not possible. Import and Export from ESM also seems to be impossible as the destination[0].agentid value is random and I don't know how, where, when it is generated.

Any thoughts on this

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Volker Michels Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Is there any shortcut to modify the receiver name in 100 connectors in one shot?

Hello Amit,

this is not possible from my point of view.

If the ID is everywhere the same it maybe will work but I'm not sure on this.

I think the connector has to register on the logger receiver and therefore you need to change it on all connectors manually.

Sorry, Volker

0 Likes
amgupta Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is there any shortcut to modify the receiver name in 100 connectors in one shot?

Thanks for your quick response Volker. So now modification marathon starts .

- Amit

0 Likes
santhosh.i Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, I agree

there s no way to update automatically!!!

What exactly u want to change ? logger receiver ?

0 Likes
amgupta Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, Logger Receivers.

Regards,

Amit

0 Likes
santhosh.i Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Amit,

My suggestion looks silly , but don't know whether suits u.

If any receiver already exist on all/most of the connectors , U could create the receiver in logger with existing name. But I know this is not possible in all situations!

regards

Santhosh I

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.