Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Issue in collecting logs from HPUX

Hi All,

I've issue in collecting logs from one of HPux server,

I'm using connector appliance to collect logs, NFS mount was done for HPUX logs successfully on connector app. During connector parameter, we will get an option to enter "Device Host Name Regex" what needs to be mentioned over here and how. Im stuck with this.

Also the file name contains the hostname too. Please find the file name format mentioned below , the below format provided by HPUX admin.

hostname_audfile(.*)_'date+%Y%m%d_%H%M'

Kindly help on this.

regard

Santhosh

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Issue in collecting logs from HPUX

When I target a HPUX server for log collection I use a standard syslog daemon and syslog connector. Is there some reason why you are using an NFS mount instead of syslog? I don't know the answer to your question and I was just curious why you are using an NFS mount instead of a syslog daemon.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Issue in collecting logs from HPUX

Hello Justin,

Because of security reason, syslog was not enabled on HP-ux servers. thats y prefered shared path!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.