Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
lavander Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Java TimeOut Error when creating connection from WUC to Logger

I'm trying to set up a connection between my WUC Connector (hosted on a Connector Appliance) and a Logger Appliance and keep getting the following error:

Destination parameters did not pas the verification with error [; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out].

I know there is no connectivity problem between the ConnApp and the Logger because I have successfully setup the connection from several SYSLOG Connectors on the appliance.  It's only the WUC instance that's throwing up this error.

Has anyone else seen this before?  Any suggestions?

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
7 Replies
sunil.jaiswal8 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Java TimeOut Error when creating connection from WUC to Logger

Hi Lavander,

Did you get resolution for this issue. I am getting same error message during the connection setup between connector and logger for checkpoint smartconnector. Earlier I have successfully done connection setup for other checkpoint, syslog smartconnectors. It does not seem the firewall port opening issue.

Regards,

Sunil Jaiswal

0 Likes
lavander Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I did not get a resolution.

I ended up re-creating the Connector from scratch and whatever problem I was having went away.  I don't like those kind of solutions, but I needed to get the connector back in service.

0 Likes
premjith1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,

I am also facing a similar problem with a check point opsec connector. I am getting the same error and there is no connectivity issue between connector and logger.

Please share if anyone has found a solution for this.

0 Likes
lgabrielli Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

try to add memory to the container and then try to create the connection to the logger. Sometimes, it works.

Regards,

Luca

0 Likes
nikhilesh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am also facing the same issue for checkpoint clear connection from connector appliance to logger, can anyone tell what is this issue and what is the solution for this

0 Likes
Established Member.. tejeu_tejeu1
Established Member..

Hi Nikhilesh,

This error belongs to java. So update the java on the machine and try with multiple browsers.

Regards,

Tejesh

0 Likes
nikhilesh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Tejesh,this is exactly the issue, now we are receiving the logs in logger, since Java is not installed in that server, once installed latest Java then its working fine,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.