Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Logger Appliance connector container down, unable to start/clear

Jump to solution

Can anyone suggest how I can fix my Logger Appliance connector container.  In playing around creating and deleting connectors I have somehow managed to "break" my default container - its always down, and I cannot restart it, or clear it.

container_down_error1.png

container_down_error2.png

I had thought about taking a backup of the configuration, unpacking the tar file and "correcting" the container configuration, but I've not got very far with that, as I'm not really sure where in the config I need to look .... /opt/arcsight/connector_1/current/user/agent/....??

Any thoughts, solutions would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance

MikeI.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Mike - If you don't need to recover any contents of the Connector, you can run an "Emergency Restore" on the container.  That will bring it back to an empty state with no connectors configured.  The emergency restore should be located in the "repositories" under manage connectors.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you recently change the certificate on your ESM box?  If so, you have to upload the new certificate to the logger and deploy it to the container.

I recently ran into a very similar problem, although the error message was different, but that could be because of software version differences.

Edit: spelling.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Chris,

We are not using/connecting to an ESM, rather the appliance is an L3200 Logger appliance, which can also run a few connectors.  SInce the error first occured, we have since upgraded the logger appliance to 5.1, hoping that this may reset/reinitialise the container, but no such luck.

Cheers MikeI

0 Likes
Highlighted

Mike - If you don't need to recover any contents of the Connector, you can run an "Emergency Restore" on the container.  That will bring it back to an empty state with no connectors configured.  The emergency restore should be located in the "repositories" under manage connectors.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Also, after the emergency restore, you'll need to click on the container and import the new certificate it created.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Victor, that fixed it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Great Victor,,

This post helps me,, and saves time !

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.