Highlighted
eric.gustavson@ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[Logger] Disable or Override Start/End date filters in Reports?

If you've run a report before, you are familiar with the process of:

1. Entering user-defined parameters (if any)
  2. Selecting the time range for the report via a start and end date
  3. Filling out the rest of the filters (device groups, storage groups, etc.)

My question is this: Is there some way to override or completely disable the time range in step (2)?

I would like to disable both of these filters, and then add a user-defined parameter called "lookback datetime"

Then, when the user supplies a lookback datetime, I will add a clause in my SELECT statement to keep the datetime within 8 hours of that parameter.

Is this possible?

Essentially what I am trying to do is allow a user to enter only 1 datetime (instead of both start and end) and then filter around a specific window based on that time.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.