Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Logger File Transfer rename or delete remote log files

Hi,

I have Logger version 5.0.

I know that i can create File transfer and file receiver. I need to use SCP or SFTP so i use File Transfer.

In the remote Server i have several log files. I schedule the logger to retrieve logs every hour but i see that these log files are always as they are on the remote server, so the logger read every hour all the files again. I have duplicated events.

In File receiver is an option to rename or delete the remote log files.

Is there any option on File Transfer receiver to rename or delete the remote files when they are read?

Thank you and best regards

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Logger File Transfer rename or delete remote log files

Hi Jose,

We are also facing similar issue. Did you found any workaround for this that you won't mind share. Please let me know if you have any solution. In my case it is FTP job is dumping files every day which includes duplicates. Connector reads these files as it is new to it every time it arrives. I hope you got my issue. Hence the connector is reading duplicate logs every day.

Regards,

Aneesh Salimkumar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.