Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Logger Report Filter Question

I'm having issues using a Report filter in Logger where I'm trying to exlude data from my report:

Source Address     IS NOT     123.123.123.123

I'm wondering if I need to use any quotes, back quotes, back slashes, regex, back tics etc in the Report designer value box where I am defining the IP addresses that I'm trying to exclude.

It seems that the Report Filter criteria isn't matching the results from the report query.

Do I need to set the output formatting in the query designer for this field?

Thanks,

Joe Ringham

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Joseph,

Why don't you try to apply this filter directly in query with events.sourceaddress != "xyz" and validate the result.

In report designer, we don't need to put any quotes, back quotes, back slashes, regex, back tics etc.

Just run for small duration and check the result with filter on query and filter on report. You may find the possible cause.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I can achieve my expected results by applying the criteria to the query as you suggest. The reasoning behind me trying to use the report filter was an assumption that the query would run quicker with fewer conditions. I could then use the report filter to eliminate rows that I don't want to see on the report.

I still can't/haven't figured out why the Report Filter doesn't function as intended.

Thanks,

Joe R.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.