Highlighted
lavander Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Logger Selectable Fields - some fields missing?

I am trying to add a field (reason) to a custom field set that I have created.

I can see the field when I use the wildcard (*) field - which shows "all other fields - but I cannot seem to find this field from the field chooser when creating the custom field set.  I can see the field is parsed properly - as I said, I can see it included with the "*" wildcard and I can also see the "reason=blah blah" in the RAW event.  I just can't seem to figure out where that field is...

Any suggestions where I might be going wrong?

Lawrence

Labels (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Logger Selectable Fields - some fields missing?

Hi Lawrence-

When you are creating/editing your Field Set, there is a Field Category column (first column) that should contain a 'custom' choice. If you pick 'custom', your custom field should show up as a selectable field to add to your field set.

What version of Logger are you running on?

-Aaron

0 Likes
lavander Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Running Logger 5.3.0.6684.0

And...there's no "custom" option under "Field Categories".

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Pushpendra_Rathi Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Yes so this is because that the REASON field is not part of Indexable fields hence you can not add REASON to your custom field set..

Kind Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.