Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Lumension Endpoint SmartConnector?

Does anyone have any knowledge of SmartConnector or FlexConnector implementations for "Lumension Endpoint Security". I am interested in any method of extracting or parsing the Audit logs from Windows Server 2012 platforms..

Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

you have not heard anything on this have you?

Logs, logs and more logs
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

u know u r sending to my gmail account?

On Friday, September 26, 2014, Christian Meisch <

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey were you able to get any help on this ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Sorry, I have not implemented any connector for this application.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

What I have heard from Lumension is that we need to get the data from the SQL DB that this is running off of.  I am going to assume a SQL Smart Connector will do the trick and then we filter the hell out of it.  Just and assumption

Logs, logs and more logs
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Wondering, if you managed to write the flex for lumension ?

0 Likes
Highlighted

A simple way to get the Lumension events is by using a udp Syslog connector.  Point the Lumension Manager syslog to the smart connector.  Then in ESM or Express, create a filter where 'Name Contains scomc'.  From there, you can filter DEVICE-ATTACHED events, etc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Asuri,  I have not.  We were wondering if we need to grab from the DB directly or we will try what Jeff just proposed...  We have engineer working on this so I will be forwarding this idea to him to see if its practical to get what we need from the manager 

Logs, logs and more logs
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.