sale Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Map properties pdf

Hi

I need Map.x.properties.pdf and Additional Data Mapper Overview.pdf manuals but i can't find where to download them.

Can somebody give me this manuals or tell me where to download them.

Thx

0 Likes
7 Replies
Till
New Member.

Re: Map properties pdf

Could you describe us what you expect to get from these manuals?

Then we can maybe point you to the right direction.

-Till

0 Likes
sale Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Till

I have deployed connector for Symantec Brightmail, I collect syslog.

All messages are shown in Name field and Type. Type is show as Unix and in Name field is whole syslog message.

So I want to modify map.properties file in order to Type field is shown Symantec Endpoint Security, and also to split message in Name field to several different fields.

Thx,

Br

0 Likes
Till
New Member.

Well, this sounds like the version you are using is not supported.

You should better get the parser fixed instead of trying to map single fields with map files.

Is that a supported version of brightmail?

0 Likes
deathbywedgie1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Br,

I don't see Brightmail on the supported devices list. What you need is not a map file... you need a whole subparser (syslog flex connector). The likelihood of the feed being consistent enough that you could use a map file for fully parsing the entire feed is extremely slim. Take a look at the Flex Connector Developer's Guide instead. It's available for download on ArcSight's support site. This is a great place for help with flex connectors if you decide to take it on. If you decide to take a crack at it, let us know if we can help.

--dbw

0 Likes
yaniv Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey,

I have the same problem,

you can Upload the Parser or tell How you solved.

Yan

0 Likes
kenneth.allan.d1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
max.wong
Visitor.

The document mentioned that “Note also that additional data "setters" are allowed, in the form set.additionaldata.additionalDataName, but additional data "getters" are not.”. I need to use one of the additional data field as a criteria for mapping. Is it possible?

Also the mapping files seems only be able to set static strings to the fields, can I put value of other fields in the setters of mapping file?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.