nelson.silva1 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Monitor mobile devices

Jump to solution
Hi
I would like to know, how arcsight works with mobile devices such as IPAD, IPHONE, tablets, etc.
Someone can help me?
Regards
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Monitor mobile devices

Jump to solution

Hi Nelson-

I think the answer is yes.

When the employees use these devices in the company, the activity can be captured when they use company services, such as web proxy or email. Logs from the web proxy and email servers usually capture the client device, and parameters such as User-Agent. The activity logs can be used to seee the activity, and/or the authentication logs.

Inside some of the mobile devices, Syslog can be enabled, and you can send these logs to a syslog server or the ArcSight Syslog connector. If needed, a flex connector parser can be built depending on the devices that send syslog.

When the mobile devices use wireless networking, you could capture their activity from the Wireless Access Point.

At one customer of mine, they are using a program called TouchDown for Exchange Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync (no endorsement). The devices are identified by device type (Android) and are logged, I think the events come through Microsoft IIS but I am not sure.

Does this help?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
binkie_jhs1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Use the web interface. You should be able to hook up to the API and do magic via your homegrown interface. I suspect you might just want to receive notifications, building reports will be a tough one.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Did this previous answer, answer your question?

If not, can you clarify your question?

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Aeron,

Currently the employees of companies use the mobile devices as a work tool.

Those devices normally are iPads, iPhones, Tablets, etc.

I want to know if the activity held in these devices can be monitored by arcsight.

Regards

Nelson

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Nelson-

I think the answer is yes.

When the employees use these devices in the company, the activity can be captured when they use company services, such as web proxy or email. Logs from the web proxy and email servers usually capture the client device, and parameters such as User-Agent. The activity logs can be used to seee the activity, and/or the authentication logs.

Inside some of the mobile devices, Syslog can be enabled, and you can send these logs to a syslog server or the ArcSight Syslog connector. If needed, a flex connector parser can be built depending on the devices that send syslog.

When the mobile devices use wireless networking, you could capture their activity from the Wireless Access Point.

At one customer of mine, they are using a program called TouchDown for Exchange Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync (no endorsement). The devices are identified by device type (Android) and are logged, I think the events come through Microsoft IIS but I am not sure.

Does this help?

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Aeron,

Thank you for you help.

I think this can help me.

Regards,

Nelson

0 Likes
dzuperku1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

WebSense will be releaseing a new product soon that will address mobile devices, should be somewhat of a mix between web proxy/DLP.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.