Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
asayed@adpolice1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need help in recovering lost/forgotten Connector password

Hi Everyone,

We recently completed an Arcsight installation project.  The work was carried out by a local IT Integration vendor.  The handover did not go well and one of the problems was that the Connector password was lost.  Is there anyway of recovering the password without having to reinstall and reconfigure the Connector?  Many TIA

Regards,

Abdul

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
4 Replies
dtanner1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Need help in recovering lost/forgotten Connector password

You will have to boot the device into single user mode. The method to do this can slightly vary depending on which model you have but  is similar.

Once you get booted up into single user mode you can issue the following command:

update users set user_password=XohlmNooBHFR0oVvjcYpJ3NgPQ11qq73WKhHvch0Vqtg

that's the hash code to set your user name's password to = password

replace "user" with admin or what ever UID you want to reset.

May wish to open a support ticket with hp and verify that the code is correct and help with booting into single user mode on your device. The hash is case sensitive so it must be typed exactly as posted above.

Hope that helps

0 Likes
asayed@adpolice1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dustin,

Many thanks for your response.   I gave you had suggested a go however, both the BIOS and the boot menu are protected by a password. So I can't even boot from Live CD and mount the root partition to reset the password.  Grub is also protected by a password and I can't edit entries to boot into single user mode.

Is there a default password for BIOS and/or Grub?

Cheers

Abdul

0 Likes
dtanner1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

This is an appliance right?

you won't need to boot into the BIOS I'll message you the Grub password.

0 Likes
dante.l.lewis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dunstin,

I am also having this issue and was wondering if you could send me the password as well. Please let me know.

Dante L.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.