neo12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nessus scan file

Well as far as I have heard Arcsight could not be able to pull logs from nessus and it should be done by importing .nessus scan file manually ...well is there any solution to do it automatically ?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Pushpendra_Rathi Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Nessus scan file

Yes there is automatic way and it's clearly mentioned in the nessus smart connector guide so i would recommend you to refer that..

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
neo12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your tip, well if there is a document for that where can I find that?

0 Likes

All the SmartConnector documents can be downloaded from the support portal, same place from where you download the software.. For Nessus smart connector document You can search protect 724 as well...

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
neo12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

As you mentioned previously, I went head and checked smart connector document but unfortunately i saw something about nessus version and arcsight smart connector . as arcsight smart connector said , smart just supports nessus version till 5.0 and after that i presume i have to work with flex connector which is not working properly according to many experiences . any suggestion? 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Don't worry it will work with nessus 6.4 as well.. May be u will need to parse some events by creating parser override.. I have already made a feature request to release the smart conn for latest nessus..

I think you should do the same thing, the more requests they get the more chance you have for getting it implemented..

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
neo12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.