Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Network model imports and adjustments results in DB hung

Hi folks,

Currently using ESM 5.0 SP3. My DB is persisting events at a constant and reasonable rate (btw 100-300 events in <100ms typically).  While adjusting some zones and assigning to connectors etc, the persist rates I am watching in server.std.log remain stable, but suddenly no more logs occur relating to Pre-SecurityEventPersistor insertion.  Also, I get no errors logged, but obviously my steady stream of input events are no longer processed.

Has anyone else experience insertion problems (or other problems you would not normally expect) at the same time you are performing maintenance on a reasonably large network/zone model?

Thanks,

Ian.

Edit: I see the above if I am manually creating new zones and assigning to connectors/networks etc, and also when performing the import of the entire model using the cmd line import process.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Network model imports and adjustments results in DB hung

hi ianfitz,

we uploaded 10k assets after few hours we observed manager statrted caching ; after rebooting manager issue got resolved

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.