Highlighted
Yossi1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ORA-01110 ARC_SYSTEM_INDEX_007.dbf following by ORA-01578 data block corrupted

Hi,

After storage mounting problem every time when I try to open a specific active-list I got the following error message:

Could not refresh data: ORA-01578 ORACLE data Block corrupted (file #200 block #29843)

ORA-01110 data file 200: '/xxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/ARC_SYSTEM_INDEX_007.bdf'

I couldn't find any sql script in the arcsight oracle utilities, which repaired blocks.

Can someone help me to resolve this problem?

The active-list includes information which I definitely need, so creating a new list won't help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
jring1 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: ORA-01110 ARC_SYSTEM_INDEX_007.dbf following by ORA-01578 data block corrupted

Ooops, corrupt data files - where's the key to the tape cabinet? If you happen to have online backup you could take down the ESM and DB, restore the last full backup plus all archivelogs, pray the last full backup is good  and do a point in time recovery - which might take long, depending on the time since the last full backup.

If you don't have online backup, you'll either loose the latest data by restoring an old (and hopefully good) offline backup or you have to try to fix it - which means a bit of data loss.

For now, don't stop oracle until you're confident to be able to fix it as it might not come up cleanly in the current state. Also if you try something - by all means play it through first on a test box! Or just open a support case and hope arcsight support has a good oracle guru at hand - they used to some years ago though it took some time to get though to him.

Since it is an index tablespace, the data in the corrupt block should not be too important and can probably restored by rebuilding the indices. So you could probably drop the tablespace, recreate it and rebuild all the indices for arc_event_data - but I'm not sure if there's a script or so to do the rebuild. DON'T try this on the live system unless you're confident what to do and/or have tried it on a testbox.

Joachim

0 Likes
Yossi1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ORA-01110 ARC_SYSTEM_INDEX_007.dbf following by ORA-01578 data block corrupted

Hi jring,

First thanks for the warning. I'm not an oracle expert and that why I'm asking for help. I believe there is at least one oracle expert in this forum.

v.d.(MfG)

yossi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.