Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
oshaughg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OpenVMS 8.3

Has anyone been able to get logs from an OpenVMS 8.3 system into Logger?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: OpenVMS 8.3

Is your question more about the transport/physical method for getting logs over to Logger?

Or is it more of a question of parsing support for the logs?

Which logs from OpenVMS are you after, specifically?

What use case(s) drive your analysis?

0 Likes
oshaughg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm looking to see if I can get the logs into Logger. I'm new to Logger and was told by SUpport that OpenVMS 8.3 is not supported...

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

What are the logging transports available from OpenVMS? Are the logs you want in a file or files? Can OpenVMS send out the events via SYSLOG transport?

Can you post a few samples of the events from the file or files?

It is highly likely you can get the files into Logger. More information about your use case (what you want to do with the logs once they are in Logger) will help determine the HOW of getting the logs into Logger.

0 Likes
oshaughg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Professional services created a flexconenctor for this.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.