Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Passing results of one query as parameters to another within the same report

Hi all,

I'm stuck creating a report in Express.

The report contains a chart and a table.

The chart has asociated a query that present one column wth destinationUsername

and other column with the count(distinct(sourceUserName)) when this count is greater than 5.

Now in the table I want to show the details of these events group by destinationUsername.

That means that I need to pass as parameter of the query for the table the results (destinationUsername column) of the first query.

I've managed to do something similar using the QueryViewer and the drilldown functionality.

But I'd like to have as a normal report.

Any ideas how I can achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

/Alonso

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Passing results of one query as parameters to another within the same report

I respond myself...

I've managed with trends and active lists. You can schedule a Trend to run your first query and set as action to populate an Active List. This Active List will be used as a filter in the second query.

The biggest problem is synchronize properly the trend and the active list before the second query runs.

Hope it helps someone!

/Alonso

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.