Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Problem getting the entries of an ActiveList using ActiveListService webservice

Hello.

I'm trying to get the entries of an activelist using ActiveListService SOAP webservice. In the theory this is quiet simple, but the method ActiveListService.getEntries always returns null.

Here is my code:

ActiveListServiceClientFactory activeListClientFactory = new ActiveListServiceClientFactory();

ActiveListService activeListService = activeListClientFactory.createClient();

List<ActiveListEntry> activeListEntries = activeListService.getEntries(authToken, activeListId);

I've double check that the activeListId is correct getting the ActiveList object with the ResourceService, and that the list is not empty.

I've read in other post that it seems that not all the webservices are fully implemented. Maybe this is one of these?

I could get the entries using a report that return all the activelist content, but I'm looking for a "direct" method of getting that data.

Has anybody been able to execute this method, or know an alternative way of doing it (without using reports)?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had similar issues with the cases.

My approach was to target the resources.

I got all the resources and from there i check the Type.

If the type is the one that i need, i perform a static Cast and use it.

Please note that "ESM_Client" a custom class that i had created you will match with the ArcSight API easily.

Cheers,

Ludovico

ESM_Client esm = new ESM_Client(esmurl);

String authToken = esm.login(username, password);

if (authToken == null){

System.out.println(" > The authetication was unsuccessfull. Existing");

System.exit(0);

}

List<Resource> listResources = esm.getAllResources(URI);

for(Resource resource: listResources){

if(resource.getType() == ArcSightParameters.CASE_RESOURCE_TYPE){

Case c = (Case) resource;

(...)

}// if resource is Case

}

System.out.println(" > done");

}

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Were you able to get this working?  I'm experiencing the same issue.

Thanks!

- Brandon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

It's not supported in ESM 6.5.  The ESM API is not fully implemented and this is one of the pieces that do not work.

You might try just using the "archive" cli utility to dump the contents of the active list to XML and parse that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Brandon,

I didn't try the Ludovico's method, I think that I finally used a report (it was too much time ago...).

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.