brian.mcgee1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problems upgrading SmartConnector for Logger Appliance L3200

We have Logger Appliance L3200.  There is one Container with two Connectors. 

I get the message "Skipped (Container version is not supported for this upgrade, upgrade the container and try again)" when trying to upgrade the Container from version 5.1.6.6014 to SmartConnector 5.2.1.6186.  This was at the advice of HP support who instructed me to "upgrade your connector from 5.1.6 to 5.2.1"  However, now I'm confused about the difference between Container and Connector, the versions and upgrade paths.  I'm still waiting to hear back from support, so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has this issue.

Component Versions

arcsight-appliance   6.2-C6270
arcsight-appliance-connectors   4.7.5.5372.0-1
arcsight-connector   5.1.6.6048.0-2
arcsight-logger   5.2-L6307
arcsight-logger-product   5.2-L6307
arcsight-nsp   4.8-20120127_1634
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
rhope Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Problems upgrading SmartConnector for Logger Appliance L3200

Did you ever get an answer as to what caused this error?

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. linhvm Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi Brian,

I have faced this problem before (every 5.2.x version, not only 5.2.1). I just uploaded AUP package and used Emergency Restore function. SmartConnector was successfully upgraded. However the Emergency Restore process will delete all information about that container and render it empty. The connector will be restored to the AUP version that you select.

Brgds,

Linh.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Dean Farrington Absent Member..
Absent Member..

We have this exact same issue on 2 C5100's but not on any of our C5200's. ArcSight assigned the issue to the wrong bug when we initially reported it and is now declining to fix our problem since in our environment only the C5100's are affected and they are EOL.

The Emergency restore option is a viable workaround.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.